StatCounter

Friday, July 9, 2010

Being proud of most corrupt...

Rapid cancerous growth in the body polity is eating away its vital parts.

Once I had gone to procure electrical essentials from Bhagirath place, Delhi and took along with me faculty of the association of the market, so that I may not be cheated. While seeing the bill I saw the stars in the day. The secretary of the association intervened. The shopkeeper pointed out to my driver Anil and alleged that he asked for twenty percent ‘commission’. The driver was absolutely honest person. I had tested his honesty for four or even five figure amounts. Upon hearing the allegation my driver boldly delivered couple of slaps. The shopkeeper ultimately apologized to my driver. The shopkeeper then corrected the bill with apology.

Today even illiterate people know the meaning of ‘commission’ for it is prevalent at all levels from ministers to peons. It is this level of corruption which has made our country rank 84 out of 180 on Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) as per a survey conducted by Transparency International. New Zealand is the least corrupt country and Somalia fares worst among these 180 countries. Let us pledge and work towards not beating Somalia so as to make Indians proud of being the most corrupt.

Dina Nath Mishra

No comments:

Post a Comment