StatCounter

Monday, July 19, 2010

Technorati: Sincerity amazes me 'Y358ZRGZDBPC'

Being a Sunday and all, I thought why not to do something worthwhile with "India First" blog and came though one of the most referred site online for blogs http://technorati.com. For the uninitiated ones, it's a Blog Search engine, Tags Aggregator and does Online Bookmarking. But then one cannot just visit, register and submit, well not so easy. I have been on it for past three hours and if you consider this an ordinary post, it's not. I am supposed to insert 'Y358ZRGZDBPC' to one of my posts to claim the blog.

I have always been a process person, although I am impressed with the process Technorati is following but it's the sincerity with which they are doing it forced me to write something about them. With Web, we are in an age and time that there is a plethora of websites almost begging to register users and happy to make web even more difficult for people looking for some quality information. Case in point, for everything I search nowadays with Google throws over a million results at least.

Here is a site (Technorati) that gives no registration or claim your blog link on any of their pages and one has to go deep looking for it. The process involves following steps:

1. Go to Technorati.com and log in
2. Fill the form and Click ’Join’ button
3. Verifying the confirmation link in email
4. Submitting the blog URL and ‘Begin Claim’
5. Copy the code and post it as a blog post
6. Manual review process

This is where I am right now. I am told that a human editor will review my submission and get back to me. I’ll let you know how that went. :)

Shailendra Chauhan

No comments:

Post a Comment